Friday, April 17, 2015

The 100 Day Challenge: Day #12 - Thousand Trails Thunderbird

We've all explored campgrounds or seen photos of places that look like wonderful places to set up.  I have one of those places just 15 miles from home.  Mind you we have yet to camp there, but I have been out to explore Thousand Trails Thunderbird Preserve in Monroe, WA many times.

The camp ground is split into 3 areas.  The main area with the full hook ups, the bath house, pool, and family lounge is on the south side of Ben Howard Rd.  The other two areas are on the north side of the road, and offer views of the Snohomish River.  These sites offer water and electric only.  There are port-a-potties available, but regular bathrooms, showers, etc., are in the main campground area.

I'm a "view person".  I have wanted to bring our 5th wheel out here for a long time.  The spots are back-in only (in fact all the sites in the campground are back ins), and we have a nice view window out the back of the rig.  These spots along the river would offer great sunrise views (my favorite), bird watching, and so on.  Once our rig is repaired (or we buy a new one, which ever comes first), this will be one of our first stops.

I didn't take any pictures of the rest of the campground, sorry.  Just pictures of future views for my dream board.








No comments:

Post a Comment