Thursday, August 14, 2014

I Am Reviewing The Situation......

and I think I better think it out again.

How many times do we spend hours planning a trip, investigating RV parks, estimating expenses, etc., only to change our minds.

I had planned our Fall Journey to include Utah, Nevada, Arizona and California.  I was really pleased with the places I had chosen to stay and getting excited about what we were going to do and what we were going to see.  And then shit happened.

My recently gallbladder surgery (combined with our high deductibles from our new insurance plan - what a headache!), and some unexpected repairs needed on the 5th wheel, seriously tapped in to our travel money.  We could make the trip, but it would be on a tighter budget....a much tighter budget.  And we have some family stuff going on that I would like to be home for.  We might actually find time to make annual check ups, eye exams and dental appointments if we stayed home until after the first of the year.

We haven't made our final decision yet.  I am open and receptive to buying the winning Power Ball ticket or having some financial windfall bless our bank accounts.  I will wait to see how the medical claims pay out, how big the RV project becomes, or how itchy our feet get after being home for months at a time, before we start canceling reservations.  In the meantime, I guess we will just go with the flow.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment