Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Staycations

I am being inspired regarding how much there is to do and see in Western Washington and the PNW in general by reading the blogs of other RVers who are currently in the area.  Why is it, when we have got all these cool places to see and things to do, that we stay just stay home?

Well, part of it is that we are home because it is summer time and there is so much to get done around the house and in the yard.  I am, however, one to dump the chores and go do something.  Husband, not so much.

I've been reading blogs where folks are visiting the Pike Place Market, Mt Rainier National Park, The Lavender Festival in Sequim, hiking on the Olympic Peninsula.  If I read one where someone has been to the Sol Duc Hot Springs, I may just need to kidnap husband and say we are going.  Sol Duc has been on my bucket list for years.  We just never quite get around to it.  Anyway, I am a tad jealous of all you who are visiting our beautiful state.  We've had quite the run on good (if not just plain hot - for us anyway) weather.  We are now having a few days of rain, but the warm weather is to return this weekend and beyond.

Yesterday, I did ditch my better other half (who spent the day vacuuming and mopping floors - for which I am very grateful) and drove out to West Seattle to meet up with long time girlfriends at Salty's On Alki to celebrate a 60th birthday.  Four of us have known each other for more than 40 years, and we adopted the fifth one about 20 years ago.  It is always a good time when we can get together.



Before lunch, I stopped at the Hamilton Viewpoint to see if I could get a good shot of the Seattle skyline.  It was overcast, and I only came away with a somewhere between a just okay and decent shot.  Oh well.




I had to duck out early from lunch to avoid the traffic that was sure to ensue with President Obama's arrival into Seattle about 3pm.  I live about 30 miles northeast of Seattle but it takes me about 60 minutes to make the drive.  I had just passed Northgate, when I caught a glimpse of Air Force One making its decent into Boeing Field.  Good driver that I am, I did not try to snap a picture.  So it goes.  At least I was well on my way home before the State Patrol started closing on and off ramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment